Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Work. Office. Sincerity. Deadlines. Code of conduct. Ethics. All these words take a serious hike when I am bored. I have a day or two every month when I am super bored of doing the work I am supposed to do. I am not sure of the reason. Reasons could be multiple or just one. 1) It could be because of the fact that my work is so not related to what I have studied over the past 20 years of my Life. 2) It could also mean that I am insincere or am lazy. 3) It could also be an extremely natural thing. 4) It could also be that my non-work life is not a lot of fun. That I do not do a lot of things that I want to do to keep my mind vibrantly alive. 5) It could also mean I am not exercising enough (or at all), so inadequate amount of endorphin is not released in my body, so I feel lethargic. The effects of this are really diverse though: 1) most importantly, I do not finish some important jobs. 2) My colleagues treat me like a no-doer 3) I like every status update that comes on FB. 4) I watch crappy videos and get more depressed. 5) I lose track of my work and the next day is full of blunders and catching up with deadlines. 6) I feel extremely guilty 7) I chat with people with whom I have no common topics to chat about 8) I send a lot of emails. 9) Ideas like a group email of friends hits me on such days 10) I start thinking that am lethargic today because I am not getting enough sleep. So, I start sleeping an hour more after such days. So here you are. A complete cause-effect analysis of my non-productive day/s at work. Solution/s? 1) I sleep on time 2) I do what I love to do 3) I exercise more 4) I just become non-lazy by just doing things. 5) I accept its a natural thing and continue. Well, today is one of those days. So I will chose solution no. 5. I will accept that its a natural thing and will continue having such days. Cheers ! :)

No comments: